Thursday, January 3, 2008

The benefits to having a cooking blog

Right now I am at work and it is my husband's day off so he is at home. We have plans to go over to a friend's house at 6:30. We don't think that we are having dinner over there so we need to eat before we go. However, I get off work at 5:00 and then would have to drive home. I would get home about 5:15 and then it would take me about 20 minutes to prep dinner and put it in the oven and then it has to cook for 30 minutes. So it would be 6:05 when dinner is ready. Michael is the world's slowest eater so it would take him at least 15 minutes to eat and then it would be 6:20 Our friends live 30 minutes away so that means the earliest we could get there would be 6:50, if all of my math is correct.

But, because I have a blog with the recipe for my cheesy ham and potato casserole in it, my husband can get on his computer, or more likely his Wii browser, and look up the recipe and make it so that it is ready when I get home. No digging through cookbooks and searching for recipes because it is clearly labeled in my blog.

How great is that?

By the way, hi honey and thanks for making dinner.

Love,
The Diva

No comments: