Monday, January 7, 2008

Drool worthy chicken

This is another apron's recipe from Publix. I am a huge fan of their recipes because they taste yummy, are easy to prepare and have very detailed directions that are easy to follow. My husband refused to even try a bite of this chicken so I made it on a night that he would be working late I halved the recipe and then ate the leftovers for lunch. This is very filling. I served it with wild mushroom risotto. I made it from a mix that I got at Target. I though the flavor of the risotto was very good, but it was just WAY too salty and I had not added any salt at all. Of course Michael loved it (he tried a bite when he got home) since there is no such thing as too much salt for him, so I am going to send it as lunches for him and I will just add some cooked chicken to it and he can heat it all up together.

Anyways, here is the recipe for the chicken copied directly off of apron's website.

Sun-Dried Tomato Artichoke Chicken

Ingredients1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts

large zip-top bag

1/4 cup flour

2 tablespoons canola oil (I used olive oil because it was closer and I am lazy and didn't want to dig through cabinets)

1/2 cup white wine

6-8 sprigs fresh thyme (rinsed)- I used dry and added it in at the same time I added in the wine.

1 lemon (for juice, rinsed)

1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts (drained)

1/3 cup julienne-cut sun-dried tomatoes

2 tablespoons unsalted butter

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

1/8 teaspoon pepper

2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

Steps:
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Cut chicken into 1-inch chunks; place in zip-top bag (wash hands). Add flour; seal bag tightly and shake to coat.

2. Place oil in pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken (wash hands); cook 2-3 minutes, turning once, or until chicken begins to brown.

3. Stir in wine (this is when I added the dried thyme that I used instead of the fresh); reduce heat to medium-low and cook 2-3 minutes or until liquid is slightly reduced. Remove stems from thyme, reserving leaves only.

4. Squeeze juice of one-half lemon over chicken; stir in remaining ingredients (except thyme and cheese). Cover and cook 2-3 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F. Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness.

5. Remove chicken from heat; stir in thyme (if you are using fresh) and sprinkle with cheese. Serve.


CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 420kcal; FAT 20g; CHOL 115mg;SODIUM 470mg; CARB 14g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 40g;VIT A 8%; VIT C 25%; CALC 6%; IRON 15%

Oh and I meant to tell you I am LOVING all of my new handy kitchen gadgets that I got for Christmas. My lemon hand juicer thingy is the best thing ever. I get so much more juice out of a lemon and it is easier. Plus by flipping up the other side I can use it to juice limes too! Woo hoo! Oh and my handy new microplane makes grating parmesan cheese on top of dishes super easy and fast. I absolutely LOVE it!!!

No comments: