Monday, January 14, 2008

Cheese Fries

Friday night Michael and I had Philly Cheese steak sandwiches and cheese fries. I used Steak-ums for the cheese steaks and just cooked the meat with some Worsheshire (sp?) Sauce to add some flavor. I served on toasted sub rolls with peppers & onions for me and Provolone cheese for both of us. That was a really quick and yummy dinner. I was perusing Publix's website for ideas the other day and came across a recipe for cheese fries that sounded really easy and yummy. They were absolutely delicious and we had the leftovers heated up in the oven for lunch the next day. I used "Buffalo" seasoned fries and they had a nice kick that went really well with the cheese and ranch dressing that I served on the side. Make these! You won't regret it.

Cheese Fries

Ingredients

aluminum foil

16 ounces frozen seasoned French fries

1–2 fresh chives (optional)

3/4 cup shredded Mexican-blend cheese

1 tablespoon cooked bacon pieces

Steps
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spread fries on foil and bake 15–20 minutes until golden.

2. Rinse chives and chop finely.
3. Remove fries from oven. Lift corners of foil to gather fries into center, making a mound. Sprinkle cheese, bacon, and chives over fries. Return to oven 1–2 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve.

No comments: