Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sauteed Zucchini

I love zucchini and my favorite way to prepare it is by thinly slicing it into coins, battering it and deep frying it. That is not exactly health conscious though and it is MESSY. So I was thinking of what I really like about that recipe and decided to take those elements and make a sauteed version that would be lower in fat and just as yummy. This is what I came up with:

Sauteed Zucchini

3 small Zucchini
2 teaspoons olive oil
salt
pepper
onion powder
garlic powder
grated Parmesan cheese, if desired

1. Cut off ends of zucchini and cut in half lengthwise. Then slice into 1/4 inch thick half moon slices.
2. Heat olive oil in small stainless steel fry pan over medium heat until very hot.
3. Add zucchini, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.
4. Cook, stirring sparingly until zucchini is softened and lightly browned.
5. If desired, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and serve.

I served this the other night with my Ham and Cheese Quiche so I did not sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese.

No comments: