Saturday, January 9, 2010

My shopping trip this week

If this is your first time visiting my blog, welcome! I am eating from the pantry along with Money Saving Mom and Life As Mom (and about 800 others!) so my shopping is limited this month. I just couldn't resist scooping up the deals you see below. I hope that you'll leave me a comment letting me know you stopped by and please come visit me again!

I made a run to Publix on Wednesday this week. I didn't really want to go on Wednesday but they changed the day of their penny item and I just can't resist free stuff. I mean if I am going to buy stuff anyways might as well get something for free to go with it, right?

Here's what I bought:
Publix Tortilla chips- penny item
Cascadian Farms French Fries- we had an avalance from our inside freezer this week and neither of us noticed a bag that fell behind our trashcan. It melted overnight and had to be tossed. There are several meals this week that call for french fries and I got these for $1.00.
Cascadian Farms Tater tots- also $1.00 probably going to make tater tot casserole with cream of mushroom soup and hamburger at some point over the next couple of months. Neither of us has ever had it but I have lots of cream of mushroom soup and hamburer to use.
Wonda gummies X2- free
DiGiorno Flatbread Pizzas X2- was confused about price. Thought they would be $.25/ea and for that price couldn't resist for lunch for hubs on a day when I really don't feel like packing one. Ended up being $1.25, still a good deal
Lenders bagels X2- I prefer making my own but I'm out and at $.50/ea the price was too good not to buy
Stoneyfield Farms yogurt X6- my favorite yogurt. I don't feel bad about buying it at all. At $.13/ea I'm pretty sure it was about the same cost as making my own (which I have done before!)
4 Bartlett pears- $.88/lb
1 Lysol Neutr Air- will be donating to work. I print coupons there and then donate some office things in return. It is a win-win situation!
I spent: $9.47, saved $22.75, of which $14.58 was coupons!

I also asked hubs to go by Aldi yesterday to buy a couple of things
He bought:
2 bags of oranges (I think they are 3 lb each)
1 package mushrooms
He spent around $5.00 (he's at work. I'll update later with exact amount)

So there is my spending for the week. To see how I got such great prices at Publix go to Southern Savers or I Heart Publix.

For Aldi deals go to Deal Seeking Mom.

2 comments:

Candi said...

WOW you did great!

Unknown said...

Nice job! I just love seeing what people get at the grocery store!