Friday, April 18, 2008

Shephard's pie (kinda)

When Michael and I first got married (almost three years ago!) I made this all the time because he really likes it and it is fairly quick and easy. It is even easier if you are using leftovers.

Shephard's Pie
My no recipe recipe

Leftover ground beef, browned & drained
garlic salt
pepper
onion powder
1 small bag frozen corn (or use canned but I just like frozen better)
leftover mashed potatoes
butter
cheese (I like cheddar monterrey jack)

Step 1:
Spray an oven safe baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.

Step 2:
Place ground beef in the bottom of the cooking dish. Sprinkle garlic salt, pepper and onion powder to taste on top.

Step 3:
Top ground beef with the corn.

Step 4:
Top corn with mashed potatoes. Place small pats of butter on top of potatoes and then cover with cheese.

Step 5:
Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.

No comments: