Monday, April 28, 2008

Creamy Parmesan Orzo, an oldie but goodie

This recipe is from cooking light, but you would never know by the taste. It is one of my favorite recipes, but unfortunately I had lost it. Thanks to the nesties I have found it again and I will be adding it back to my menus. Here it is, I hope by blogging it that I will never lose it again and have to go without the creamy goodness: Creamy Parmesan Orzo
Cooking Light

Ingredients
1 tablespoon butter

1 cup orzo
1 1/4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
1 1/4 cups water
1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 teaspoons pine nuts, toasted

Preparation
Heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add orzo, and cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in broth and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until liquid is absorbed and orzo is done (about 15 minutes). Remove from heat; stir in cheese, basil, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle with the pine nuts. Serve immediately.

Yield
4 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup)

No comments: