Thursday, July 17, 2008

Perfect Pan-Seared Steak, a recipe from mlr513, a nestie!

Over the last couple of weeks I have tried several recipes from other nesties that we have really, really enjoyed so I decided to blog about them all separately otherwise this one post would seem to go on forever. First I am going to blog about my dinner last night. I was reading the blog http://readingritingandrecipes.blogspot.com/ and came across a recipe for Perfect Pan-Seared Steak. I had a sirloin steak in the freezer so I thought that would be perfect for dinner. It was really great. The flavor was excellent, there was a nice crispy crust on the outside, while the inside was moist and tender. I couldn't have asked for a better steak. Even my husband, who thinks that a steak isn't a steak unless it is grilled, said "this is better than grilled."

Thanks for a great recipe!

http://readingritingandrecipes.blogspot.com/2007/12/steak-in-skillet.html

Side note: I do not have any cast iron. I just used my big heavy stainless steel skillet that is oven proof to make this.

1 comment:

Mollie said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed it!